Burma: army accused in village massacre
Burmese junta soldiers reportedly killed at least 75 civilians in an attack last week on a village in Rakhine state, where the regime is facing a fierce insurgency by the rebel Arakan Army (AA). The AA said in a statement June 2 that it has a list of 53 victims, including two teenagers and five women. Over 100 soldiers entered Byian Phyu, near state capital Sittwe (formerly Akyab), at noon on May 29, forcing residents into a communal area in the center of the village, where scores of were summarily gunned down, survivors said. (Irrawady)
Burma's military government has denied the accusation. (AP)
Recent Updates
12 hours 33 min ago
14 hours 44 min ago
19 hours 8 min ago
19 hours 27 min ago
1 day 11 hours ago
1 day 12 hours ago
4 days 14 hours ago
4 days 18 hours ago
4 days 19 hours ago
5 days 12 hours ago